Since 2004, the Great Haddon Consortium – the group of developers preparing plans for Great Haddon – have been working with landowners and other stakeholders considering development options and bringing forward plans for development of a new community at Great Haddon to help meet some of Peterborough’s planned growth for the next 15-20 years.
Our vision for Great Haddon is to create a new community for Peterborough set within a high quality environment which encourages people to make the most of their surroundings through outdoor activities, using local facilities, exploring nature on their doorstep and embracing new technologies for energy efficiency, home working and public transport. The development will also create the much-needed jobs that accompany new housing including strategic distribution, offices, workshops, new shops, cafes and restaurants.
Our emerging proposals are illustrated in the concept plan which provides:
- Up to 5,300 new homes, with a range of house styles, sizes and tenures. A proportion of homes –around 35% - will be affordable, either as socially rented, shared ownership or homes for specific sectors of the population.
- A range of strategic and smaller scale employment in the north of the area, providing local and strategic employment opportunities and reserving sites to support the emerging cluster of environmental industries in Peterborough.
- A district centre with new shops, cafes and restaurants, offices, workshops, health and community facilities.
- Three main residential neighbourhoods served by local facilities and primary schools.
- A new secondary school.
- Extensive sports facilities and sports pitches.
- An extensive open space network providing nature conservation and recreational opportunities.